Pages

Sunday 12 August 2018

Teaching Sentence Writing


I would like to share some of our activities that I did initially to encourage my little one to write sentences.

Silly sentences

        Being an ESL, we started with simple sentences.  I kept three bowls for noun, verb, and adverbs. Initially, I used only the adverbs of time to check whether she can make sentences in all tenses.  She has to take cards from each bowl and make sentences accordingly.  This activity is really funny and my daughter loves it.










Picture cards

                   I keep picture cards in a bowl and my daughter has to take picture cards from the bowl and constructs sentences. She used to write at least five sentences per day in her writing notebook.



Punctuation

  For practicing punctuation, I used ‘Edit a sentence’ – a daily activity suggested by Montessori for everyone. I write sentences without punctuation and incorrect capitalization, my daughter has to correct it.  Sometimes I write dialogues from her favorite books. She loves to find which book it is from.


No comments:

Post a Comment